Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Apple, You're no Google Maps.

The new Apple Maps software reminds me of that famous quote, "Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy."

 

That remark was made during the 1988 United States vice-presidential debate by Democratic vice-presidential candidate Senator Lloyd Bentsen to Republican vice-presidential candidate Senator Dan Quayle. Jack Kennedy was the 35th President of the United States. Since then, the words "You're no Jack Kennedy" have become a part of the lexicon as a way to deflate those perceived as thinking too highly of themselves.

 

After trying fruitlessly to find a fairly common address here in Austin using the new Apple Maps on my freshly minted iPhone 5, I gave up and turned to my wife’s Android-powered Atrix 4G for help. 

 

I can only say, “Apple, you’re no Google Maps.”

No comments: